It's all about the love here on the London Village Show. Things big and small. Londoner's london, podcasting from depths of Elephant and Castle, We find out what going down with the kids, and we're up with all the culture voltures too. Global friends come find out what london living all about..



Summer time world changing.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In what I going to call a 'break' from revision, my mind turns to the summer gap. The massive 4 month hole in study that oft leaves me betwixt and between things to do. Now I am the annoying type of chap who, when given the merest provocation, will clench my fists, push out my chin high into the air and proclaim my intention to "change the world" - make it a better place for you and for me and the entire human race etc. Normally, with a Withnail finesse, I squander any opportunity to do this. This summer then, chance to buck the trend. To make a mark. To begin climbing the ladder to the top - where ever the top should take me.

An internship this summer! No. The thought of cramped sweaty offices, getting my hands dirtied with the filth and skullduggery of business, not for me. Not yet at least , maybe I will come crawling back when I want a 'real' job to pay for 'important things' such as a house, or mail order bride - I digress.

This summer why not take advantage of London Village being the centre of the world, and work for your MP or a think tank. Feel the power pulsing through Whitehall, get lost in the maze that is Westminster Palace, most importantly, change the world.

A very useful starting place is the Interns' Network, they send a out a weekly news boost directly to your emailer, sign up for that and get ahead of the madding crowd. Quite frankly they steal most of there content from w4mp.com (cunning - Work For MP, smug little so and so with such a clever name) but a very good site and packed full of opportunities for you.

Which MP to work for, beggars can't be choosers, but don't get stuck working for a gimp, get the low down on your, or any other current MP at theyworkforyou.com

Enough - back to learning/revising the UN charter.

PS
Jett Loe's new LTA episode will be published this evening. I for one can't wait.


0 Responses to “Summer time world changing.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Subscribe to the Podcast

  • Subscribe with iTunes!
  • Subscribe with podnova!
  • Subscribe with Newsgator!
  • Subscribe with Yahoo!
  • Add to Google
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Add The London Village Show to Newsburst from CNET News.com
  • Subscribe with Odeo!
  • Subscribe in Rojo

Previous posts

Archives

Links


    ATOM 0.3
  • Locations of visitors to this page





  • The Internet Traffic Report monitors the flow of data around the world. It then displays a value between zero and 100. Higher values indicate faster and more reliable connections.

  • George Swithinbank's Facebook profile

  • Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 License.


Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates